Castle Gueldengossa was firstly mentioned in records in 1285. It was redeveloped in 1720 to a barqoue style. During the Napoleonic Wars it served as a field lazarett. Following the second world war it became public property and was used as an union school. In 2006 the refurbisment started to finish in 2008. The complex restoration included sensible structural strengthing to the roof, restoration of the historical slabs and wall finishes as well as the renovation of the Baroque facade. New facilities and extensions were carefully integrated to comply with the new purpose of the building. The baroque garden was reestablished including a new built orangerie.