The original ” pachyderms” house was erected around 1920 as a masonry construction with an ornamental clinker facade. The building has been fully redeveloped for the use as an elephant enclosure. It was renovated incoporating the requirements by the hertiage office. The existing Zollbaudach / Zöllingerdach was extented. New build structures such as bridges, vistor routes, elephant bathing pools and pressure resistant observer screens did accomplish the scheme.